In addition to holding appointment as Associate Professor of Medicine, Endocrinology, I serve as co-Director of the Diabetes Care Center and Director of Inpatient Diabetes Management Services at Froedtert Hospital. I am also the Program Director for the Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism fellowship at the Medical Collee of Wisconsin (MCW).
After getting a Biochemistry degree from University of California at Davis, I received my medical degree from the Medical College of Wisconsin. I did my Internal Medicine training also at MCW, and my Endocrinology fellowship at the University of California at San Diego.
My clinical interests include diabetes mellitus type 1 and type 2, both inpatient and outpatient management.
My research interests are in clinical informatics, particularly as it applies to diabetes mellitus. I am a Faculty Advisor in Biomedical Informatics of the Clinical and Translational Science Institute of Southeast Wisconsin. I work with the team to transform clinical data into data that can drive new discoveries in medicine.
- Diabetes Mellitus Type 1 & 2
- Insulin Pump Treatment
- Diabetes Mellitus management in the athlete
- Diabetes Mellitus due to pancreatic disease, such as pancreatic tumors or pancreatitis
Joined Medical College of Wisconsin
- Doctor of Medicine - Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee (1988)
- Internship & Residency in Internal Medicine - Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee (1988-1991)
- Fellowship in Endocrinology - University of California, San Diego Medical Center (1991-1993)
- Internal Medicine
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism