MCW Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant Post-Graduate Fellowships & Residencies
Medical College Physicians postgraduate fellowship programs teach Advanced Practice Providers (APPs) to become highly skilled nurse practitioners (NP) and physician assistants (PA) in multidisciplinary, collaborative, and evidence-based management of complex patients.
About our APP Program
Our Mission and Vision
- Prepare APPs to practice as members of a multi-professional team.
- Recruit and retain highly talented and motivated APP fellows and NP residents into the practice.
- Develop and implement an educational pathway for APPs that translates evidence-based didactics with proctored skill acquisition through clinical experiences and simulation.
- Progress the clinical judgment and critical thinking skills of APP fellows and NP residents as full, contributing members of a multidisciplinary care team.
APP postgraduate fellowships are an exciting opportunity to experience structured education, skill development, and mentorship on your journey through APP Transition to Practice. The fellowship program’s foundation is the APP Phased Onboarding structure to outline milestones and education. The program aligns with nationwide best practices in postgraduate APP Transition to Practice and has earned membership in the Association of Postgraduate PA Programs and the Association of Postgraduate APRN Programs.
During the program, APP fellows experience:
- Broad, complex patient experiences in an award-winning quaternary health center
- Educational foundation supported by multifaceted learning opportunities
- PA/NP learning experience in a team-based, academic medical center
- Professional Mentorship
Fellowships and Residency Structure
APP fellowships and NP residency have innovative 12-month curriculum composed of in-person didactics, online classrooms, simulation, proctored procedures and mentored clinical experiences.
The fellowship and residency structures includes:
- Clinical experiences and rotations in multiple specialty areas
- Multi-faceted didactic experiences
- Professional mentorship
- Feedback and reviews
- Inter-professional experiences
- Fellowship case presentations and project
APP Fellowships and NP Residency Leadership
Sarah Vanderlinden, MPAS, PA-C
APP Fellowship Administrator
Julie Raaum, DNP, APRN
APP Fellowship Recruitment
APP Medical Education Coordinator
APP Fellowships & NP Residency
Programs structured on APP Phased Onboarding and use Office of Advanced Practice core structure and curriculum
APP Adult Critical Care Fellowship
An innovative 12-month training program that teaches APP fellows to become highly skilled in the multidisciplinary, collaborative, and evidence-based management of complex and critically-ill patients in intensive care units.learn more
APP Orthopaedic Fellowship
A one-year training program that teaches participants to become skilled, well-rounded and current with evidence-based practice in the field of surgical and non-operative orthopaedic medicine.learn more
NP Psychiatry and Mental Health Residency
An immersive 12-month residency in mental health focusing on underserved populations in a community-based setting.learn more
Please visit the direct website for information about the following programs:
APP Employment Opportunities
8701 Watertown Plank Rd.
Milwaukee, WI 53226