The Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin Administrative Fellowship Program is a two-year, rotation and core-competency based program that provides comprehensive training and development for individuals seeking a leadership career in health system administration. Fellows are provided with an in-depth understanding of academic medical center operations through exposure to various clinical and administrative areas. In addition to gaining robust contextual and functional knowledge, fellows take part in multiple hands-on learning experiences through immersions in various clinical and core service departments to gain competency in the skill-sets, processes, and tools required of medical practice management. Under the direction of the fellowship mentors, the fellow will support key initiatives and projects in each area. The fellow will also participate in senior leadership meetings as appropriate and work as part of multi-disciplinary teams and independently to advance Froedtert & MCW's key strategic goals.
The primary goal of the program is to develop participants, through measurable demonstration of healthcare operations knowledge and skill-set competency, to successfully assume leadership roles in health system administration. Fellows will complete projects designed to strengthen administrative and leadership skills. The Froedtert & MCW Administrative Fellow will:
- Lead projects that develop analytical, leadership, finance, and health care operations skills.
- Demonstrate attention to detail, consistency, and meets multiple deadlines in a timely manner.
- Exhibit an understanding of health care administration, medical practice management, and an understanding of Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin's organizational structure and mission.
- Work effectively both independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Act as a self-starter and demonstrate a willingness to take on new and challenging leadership roles, as well as non-leadership projects and deliverables.
- Build effective health care management skills and the ability to work with administrative leaders, as well as physician and clinical leaders.
Applicants must have obtained a graduate degree through an accredited program in health administration, business administration with an emphasis on healthcare, public health, or a closely related field. Furthermore, applicants must demonstrate a record of academic excellence, strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects. Previous working experience within the healthcare field is strongly preferred. Other important skills that will contribute to the selection of the Administrative Fellow include leadership, self-motivation, ability to work in a team setting, and knowledge of the healthcare environment.
Initial candidate interviews will be conducted by phone. Finalists will be invited to a comprehensive virtual interview with members of the F&MCW senior leadership team.
How to Apply
Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin health network is a member of the National Council on Administrative Fellowships (NCAF). As such, we adhere to the uniform application and offer dates; and utilize the centralized application service (NAFCAS). Visit the application portal for the 2021-2023 fellowship, which opened on June 15, 2020.
Uniform application deadline: Thursday, Oct. 1, 2020
Uniform offer date: Thursday, Nov. 12, 2020
For questions regarding our fellowship, please contact Jacob Meyer or Jonathan Ortega (2nd Year Administrative Fellows) at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.