Amy K. Heffelfinger, PhD
Director of Training and Professor of Neurology, Neurosurgery, and Pediatrics
Children's Hospital of Wisconsin Provider Profile
- Pediatric Neuropsychology
- Infant and Preschool Children
- PhD, Washington University, St. Louis, MO, 1997
- Masters in Psychiatric Epidemiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO, 1999
- Internship, Pediatric Psychology and Child Neurology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, 1996-1997
- Fellowship, Washington University Medical Center, St. Louis, MO, 1997-2000
Brief Clinical/Research Interest Statement
Dr. Heffelfinger specializes in the evaluation and treatment of preschool and school-age children with neurological, behavioral, and developmental disorders in the Neuropsychology Clinic. Specialty evaluations are also provided through the Preschool and Infant Neuropsychological Testing (P.I.N.T.) Clinic and the Autism Clinic.
Dr. Heffelfinger's current research involves the study of early development of neuropsychological function, with a focus on attention and executive functioning. Her work also investigates cognitive outcomes of adolescents with spina bifida, brain tumor, and genetic disorders. She presents her research at national conventions and publishes in peer review journals.