Poster Printing Services
Poster Form on InfoScope
The poster submission form is on InfoScope, MCW’s intranet. If you have the form bookmarked, please update your bookmark with the new link:
Poster Ordering With iLab
The Library’s poster service can also accept orders charged to a department via iLab, MCW’s system for ordering core research services. If you belong to a research team and already use iLab, look for MCW Libraries Poster Printing on the list of core facilities.
Next-Day Expedited Service Now Available
The Library offers next-day expedited service for orders received prior to 4 pm Monday through Thursday. Next-day requests received before 4 pm Friday will be available the following Monday. There is an extra $15 fee for expedited service. Our ability to provide this service is dependent on staffing and volume. We will email you immediately if an expedited request cannot be accommodated.
Designing Your Poster
- Creating A Poster in PowerPoint (PDF) is a guide to help you create a clear, easy to read poster.
- Designing an Effective Poster Video gives further instruction in a detailed video.
MCW Logo images must be of high quality. Downloadable logos can be found on InfoScope.
The preferred file format for posters is a PowerPoint slide (PPT or PPTX), but PDFs are also acceptable.
Standards of Service:
MCW Libraries expects that all poster files submitted have been completely proofread, approved and are print-ready.
If staffing and volume allow, we will do a cursory final check. If an obvious error is spotted prior to printing, we will contact the submitter to confirm any correction before proceeding. However, this final check is not guaranteed.
If corrections or changes are made by you after submission, please send the revised file to email@example.com immediately. We will replace the submitted file with the new version. However, if the poster has already been printed, MCW Libraries will charge for any reprints requested due to late changes on the part of the submitter.
Our standard delivery target is within 48 hours or two business days. The poster printing service is not available on weekends. Posters submitted after 4:00 pm on Friday will be processed the following week.
Printed posters may be picked up Monday through Friday from 7:30 am-6:00 pm at the Todd Wehr Library Service Desk.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org at least five (5) business days in advance if you will be submitting more than five (5) posters at once. Our standard 48 hour/two business day turnaround cannot be assumed for larger orders.
- 36x48, $25.00
- 42x56, $30.00
- 60x80, $45.00
- 36x56, $30.00
- 42x65, $30.00
- 60x96, $50.00
Square and custom sizes are available as well. Please indicate a custom size in the “Additional Instructions” area of the form. One dimension cannot exceed 60 inches. Large sizes will incur oversize charges. Please contact email@example.com for details.
Posters are ready within 2 business days of the request. Expedited service is available.
Next day service - additional $15 fee
- Posters must be submitted by 4 pm (Monday through Thursday) and will be available by 4pm the next business day. Next-day requests received before 4 pm Friday will be available the following Monday.
- Posters submitted after 4 pm for delivery the following day will be considered "same day" rushes. We cannot guarantee this turnaround. We will email you immediately if an expedited request cannot be accommodated.
We do not offer mounting or laminating services.
- Plain – Matte finish, coated stock, substantially thicker than normal copy paper. May wrinkle if the poster contains large, intense color blocks or if the background is a solid color.
- Glossy – Equivalent to high-gloss (shiny) photo paper.
- Fabric – A close-weave polyester that can be folded and even ironed at low heat.
Stop by the Todd Wehr Library to view paper samples.