MCW Advanced Practice Providers
The missions of MCW foster several opportunities for continued professional growth for APPs in the arenas of patient care, education, research, and community engagement. Learn how you can make a difference.
“As MCW strives to build a contemporary, interprofessional workforce and educational programs, our advanced practice providers are in the vanguard of patient care, clinical transformation, and health care education. We are grateful for the professionalism, partnership and leadership of our APPs.”
- John R. Raymond, MD President and CEO, Medical College of Wisconsin
Being on the forefront of advance practice, MCW established centralized leadership for APPs in the pediatric (Children's Specialty Group) and adult (Medical College Physicians) practices. The Office of Advance Practice Providers is a resource for APPs and facilitates alignment of APP practice with our physician colleagues and affiliated hospital leadership through shared leadership, revolutionizing collaborative, patient-centered care in an academic medical center. The mission of the Office of Advance Practice Providers includes:
- Integrating advanced practice nurses and physician assistants into collaborative and interdisciplinary models of team based health care delivery at MCW affiliated practice sites.
- Promoting the development of APP expertise and focused advanced specialization utilizing scholarly inquiry, continuous learning and evidenced based practice.
- Developing APP leadership in the designing of novel practice models, engaging in continuous quality improvement, and ownership in improving patient outcomes.
Benefits of being an APP at MCW
- Centralized APP leadership
- On-site continuing medical education
- Cutting edge academic medicine
- Research opportunities
- Quality improvement engagement
- Practice at the top of licensure
- Multi-disciplinary teamwork
- Comprehensive APP orientation program
- Precepting and mentorship
- Variety of clinical sites (inpatient, outpatient, procedural, on-campus, off-campus)
- Competitive salary and benefit plans
Please contact us:
Medical College of Wisconsin
8701 Watertown Plank Rd.
Milwaukee, WI 53226