Pediatrics: Critical Care
The Critical Care Division of Pediatrics at the Medical College of Wisconsin, along with the Al McGuire Intensive Care Unit of Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin, provides the highest quality of intensive care services for children in the Midwest. Our highly educated and trained faculty consist of 28 physicians, 15 fellows, 16 Pediatric Nurse Practitioners, 1 Pediatric Clinical Dietician Specialist, 2 PhDs & a team of researchers.
To provide the best care for critical care patients and their families by:
- Delivering comprehensive clinical management, including the extraordinary and innovative
- Providing vital infrastructure and leadership for the health care system to succeed
- Collaborating in the development of services and programs
- Excelling in the education of physicians and health care workers
- Advancing knowledge through cutting edge research
Services which are overseen, administered, or directly provided by the team include the following:
- Direct care or consultation services for all patients in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, approximately 1,600 admissions per year
- Direct care or consultation services for patients in the Intermediate Intensive Care Unit, approximately 2,500 admissions per year
- Air and ground transport services with dedicated transport nurses, respiratory therapists, and specially trained pediatricians are involved in over 1,500 cases per year
- Full ECMO services with capability for multiple simultaneous patients using venoarterial or venovenous technique
- Inhalation therapy including: nitric oxide and heliox
- High frequency oscillatory ventilation
- Sophisticated use of state-of-the-art conventional ventilators
- Medical Directorship of Pediatric ICU, Intermediate ICU, Transport Services, ECMO program, Respiratory Care Services & Information Services
Outstanding research is the hallmark of a great medical community. In the Critical Care Division of Pediatrics we are dedicated to providing an environment in which the collective and individual efforts of faculty, fellows, and staff can thrive. Our success hinges on advocating for research, creating innovative partnerships, and expecting excellence.
Our three-year ACGME-accredited program prepares Board-eligible or Board-certified pediatricians for Subspecialty certification by the American Board of Pediatrics. An optional fourth year is offered to selected Fellows who wish to begin their clinical careers with ample time protected for continuing research programs or completing advanced degrees. Learn more
Patient Care Information
Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
Pediatrics Critical Care physicians and practitioners see patients at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin and many other hospitals and clinics in metro Milwaukee and eastern Wisconsin.
Find a Doctor
Search by doctor name, health topic, specialty, location or zip code.
Locate a Clinic
Pediatrics Critical Care physicians and practitioners provide primary and specialty care at many clinics in metro Milwaukee and eastern Wisconsin.
Request an Appointment
Please wait while we gather your results.
Pediatrics/Child Health News
Department of Pediatrics
9000 W. Wisconsin Ave. MS 681
Milwaukee, WI 53226
(414) 266-3360 | Fax: (414) 266-3563