Prior to joining MCW in January of 2017, Dr. Jordan served as Associate Vice Chancellor, Diversity and Inclusion, for the University of Massachusetts Medical School and UMass Memorial Health Care, and was Assistant Professor of Nursing in the Graduate School of Nursing and the Department of Quantitative Health Sciences.
As CDIO, Dr. Jordan provides strategic leadership, including vision, goals and action planning, for institution-wide diversity and inclusion initiatives. She is responsible for driving institutional excellence and innovation through the integration of diversity and inclusion into all aspects of the MCW missions in cooperation with MCW clinical partners across the state of Wisconsin and in partnership with the communities MCW serves.
Dr. Jordan’s research interests include social process of inclusion in organizational settings, diversity and inclusion cultural assessment, institutions as anchors for fostering positive social determinants of health systems change and whole scale change theories and methods
Prior to her career in academia, Dr. Jordan worked as a engineer at General Motors and later progressed to the management ranks at Ford Motor Company. The breadth of her knowledge and experiences gives Dr. Jordan a deep understanding of organizational culture and change, operations, and the unique environment of an academic health sciences center.
Honors and Awards
• HERS (Higher Education Resource Service) Leadership Development program for women in Higher Education
• AAMC National Culture and Climate Roundtable, invited scholar
• Beta Gamma Sigma International Honor Society for Business
• University of Michigan Consortium for Graduate Study in Management Fellowship
• University of Detroit Insignias Scholar
• Tau Beta Pi Engineering Honor Society Invitee
• Case Western Reserve University (PhD)
• University of Michigan (MA)
• University of Detroit (BS)
(Person SD, Jordan CG, Allison JJ, Fink Ogawa LM, Castillo-Page L, Conrad S, Nivet MA, Plummer DL.) Acad Med. 2015 Dec;90(12):1675-83.