John Meurer, MD, MBA
Professor of Pediatrics and Community Health; Director of the Institute for Health & Equity
- Institute for Health & Equity - Professor and Director
Division of Community Health - Professor and Director
Midtown Clinic | Children's Hospital of Wisconsin - Pediatrician
MD, University of Wisconsin-Madison
MBA, Northwestern University
Pediatrics residency, Baylor College of Medicine and Texas Children’s Hospital
Policy fellowship, David Winston Program, Washington DC
Researcher (active grants)
- Principal Investigator (PI), Research in Early childhood Development by Improving Resiliency and EQuiTy (REDIRECT), Advancing a Healthier Wisconsin
- PI, Born Learning: Portage County community collaboration for optimal child development with United Way, Healthier Wisconsin Partnership Program (HWPP)
- PI, Healthier children through a shared service network of child cares supporting ASQ screening and early intervention in Monroe and Vernon counties with Wisconsin Early Childhood Association, HWPP
- PI, Vroom evaluation, Betty Brinn Children’s Museum and Milwaukee Succeeds
- Co-Investigator, Implementation of automated measures of language environments to improve educator efficacy and reduce disparities in disadvantaged urban youth, CTSI
- Co-Investigator, Effect of ACA state Medicaid expansion on diabetes, NIH and CDC
- BizTimes Health Care Heroes Award for Co-Chairing the Cancer Center Community Advisory Board
- Milwaukee YMCA Healthy Citizenship Award for Milwaukee Childhood Obesity Prevention
- Catalyst for Change Award, Milwaukee Area Health Education Center
- MCW President’s Community Engagement Award
- MCW Outstanding Faculty Service Award
- Director, Master of Public Health Program
- Co-Director, Health Systems Management and Policy pathway for medical students
- Director, Translational Workforce Development, Clinical and Translational Science Institute of Southeast Wisconsin (CTSI)
- Co-Director, Primary Care Research Fellowship, HRSA
- MCW Society for Teaching Scholars (elected)
- MCW Outstanding Medical Student Teacher Awards (6)
- MCW Outstanding Graduate Education Awards (2)
- General Pediatrician and Resident Educator, Children’s Medical Group-Midtown
- Best Doctors in America (12 years)
- American Academy of Pediatrics Awards for Distinguished Service and Dedication
- Wisconsin Chapter of the AAP, Pediatrician of the Year Award
Honors and Awards
MCW Society for Teaching Scholars (elected)
MCW Outstanding Medical Student Teacher Awards (6)
MCW Outstanding Graduate Education Awards (2)
- Child Development
- Professor and Director, Institute for Health & Equity
MCW Program / Core Facilities
- Co-Director, Primary Care Research Fellowship
- Health Systems Management and Policy
(Meurer JR, Whittle JC, Lamb KM, Kosasih MA, Dwinell MR, Urrutia RA.) Am J Prev Med. 2019 Aug;57(2):286-289.
(Idso JM, Helmen ZM, Hueston WJ, Meurer JR.) WMJ. 2019 Apr;118(1):39-41.
(Sparapani RA, Rein LE, Tarima SS, Jackson TA, Meurer JR.) Biostatistics. 2018 Jul 28.
(Azam LS, Jackson TA, Knudson PE, Meurer JR, Tarima SS.) Res Social Adm Pharm. 2017 May - Jun;13(3):494-502.
(Young SA, Azam LS, Meurer JR, Hill RS, Cui C.) J Ambul Care Manage. 2016 Jul-Sep;39(3):272-8.
(Meurer JR, Ferda NM, Chelius T, Schapiro R, Corden TE, Cassidy LD, Seibert CS.) WMJ. 2015 Dec;114(6):247-52.
(Nelson DA, Simenz CJ, OʼConnor SP, Greer YD, Bachrach AL, Shields T, Fuller BA, Horrigan K, Pritchard K, Springer JB, Meurer JR.) J Public Health Manag Pract. 2015 May-Jun;21 Suppl 3:S74-8.
(Holtz CA, Fox RA, Meurer JR.) J Psychol. 2015 Jan-Apr;149(1-2):161-74.
(Ahmed SM, Nelson D, Kissack A, Franco Z, Whittle J, Kotchen T, Meurer JR, Morzinski J, Brandenburg T.) Clin Transl Sci. 2015 Apr;8(2):160-5.
(Lin D, Rein L, Tarima S, Woodson BT, Meurer JR.) J Sleep Med Disord. 2015;2(4).
(Kharofa RY, Copeland KA, Sucharew H, Meurer JR.) Prev Med Rep. 2015;2:899-905.
(Hariharan J, Tarima S, Azam L, Meurer J.) J Ambul Care Manage. 2014 Jan-Mar;37(1):42-50.