The Institute for Health and Equity Improves Health for Vulnerable Populations
The MCW Institute for Health & Equity is a dynamic team of professional researchers determined to find the root causes of health disparities in our communities and identify ways to overcome them. Through innovative research in bioethics, biostatistics, community health and epidemiology, the institute improves health for vulnerable populations throughout Wisconsin. We also educate the next generation of health researchers through our graduate education programs, medical education pathways and health sciences programs in the local school systems.
About the Institute for Health & Equity
- Integrate public and community health across research, education, clinical, and community initiatives.
- Foster collaboration among departments and disciplines, and strengthen relationships with community.
- Build capacity by creating and strengthening effective partnerships that are innovative and mutually beneficial.
- Share power and resources equitably among partners to maximize effective outcomes.
- Nurture programs in public health disciplines and encourage methodological research in biostatistics, bioethics, and global health.
Partners of the Institute
Institute for Health & Equity
8701 Watertown Plank Rd.
Milwaukee, WI 53226
(414) 955-0176 (fax)