National Medical Librarians MonthHonor our medical librarians during National Medical Librarians Month
Honor our medical librarians during National Medical Librarians Month
National Medical Librarians Month is celebrated each year during the month of October. We honor the contributions of library staff who support the MCW community by empowering MCW’s missions in the discovery of knowledge to improve health and advance science. It is a great time for the MCW community to say “thanks” to MCW’s library staff who work at the Todd Wehr Library and its satellite locations at Froedtert Hospital and Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin.
MCW Libraries invites you to a coffee and donuts reception to celebrate National Medical Librarians Month. Stop at the Todd Wehr Library, third floor of the Health Research Center, to meet your librarians on Tuesday, October 16th between 7:30 and 9:00 AM.
MCW Librarians serve in a variety of roles in support of the mission of the Medical College of Wisconsin and its affiliates.
- Clinical medical librarians at both hospitals
- Clinical Medical Librarians attend rounds and clinical meetings at Froedtert and Children’s Hospital, providing information for patient care and teaching to accelerate improved outcomes
- Part of the Self-directed learning initiative
- Lead information instruction sessions for students in the grad school, medical school, and pharmacy school
- Finding grant funding
- Measuring research impact
- Promoting scholarly communications
- Provide online and in-person reference services for community members and patient families
- NNLM outreach library
- Develop guides to help patrons find consumer health info
If you have questions about the library, please stop by during the reception or contact us.