MCW Institute for Health and Equity
The Institute for Health & Equity is focused on researching the root causes of health disparities in our communities, and advancing the best practices to foster health equity throughout the world. Partnering with community health collaborators who live and work closest to the populations and with the public at large, we are making an impact on reducing those disparities and advancing the health of communities.
Center for Bioethics and Medical Humanities
Exploring the challenging ethical questions that accompany scientific advances and changes in our healthcare delivery system.learn more
Division of Biostatistics
Conducting methodological research and statistical consulting services to enhance understanding of disease and health risks.learn more
Division of Community Health
Improving the health outcomes of our communities and reducing inequities among vulnerable populations.learn more
Division of Epidemiology & Social Sciences
Studying and analyzing the incidence, causes and effects of health and disease in defined communities.learn more
Announcing the Health Equity Scholars Program
Are you a medical school applicant interested in advancing health equity in the City of Milwaukee?
The Kern Institute and the MCW-Milwaukee School of Medicine have collaborated with leaders from across Milwaukee to create the Health Equity Scholars Program (HESP)—a training track in the medical school for underrepresented students.
Collaboration and Partnership
Advance your career with our exciting PhD and Master’s degree programs in Bioethics, Biostatistics and Population Health, as well as medical education pathways and certificate programs.
- Master of Arts in Bioethics (MA)
- Graduate Certificate in Clinical Bioethics (Certificate)
- Research Ethics (Certificate)
- Biostatistics (PhD)
- Biostatistics and Data Science (MA)
- Public and Community Health (PhD)
- Master of Public Health (MPH)
- Doctor of Public Health (DrPH)
- Genetic Counseling Program (MSGC)
- Global Health Equity Program (MS)
- Precision Medicine Program (MS & Certificate)
- Community Health Assessment & Planning (Certificate)
- Population Health Management (Certificate)
- Public Health (Certificate)
Institute for Health & Equity
Medical College of Wisconsin
8701 Watertown Plank Rd.
Milwaukee, WI 53226
(414) 955-0176 (fax)