Web of Science | MCW Libraries Featured Resource
Web of Science is a platform consisting of several literature search databases designed to support scientific and scholarly research. This new Web of Science offers many new features to help users search efficiently and have an improved user experience. Some of the new features include:
- Increased emphasis on the citation network to surface articles you need to read now.
- Keywords Plus – The new algorithm analyzes the titles of cited references to identify words and phrases that occur with significant frequency.
- Related Records—find records that share references in common, defining ‘relatedness’ not by shared terminology, but by shared citation patterns.
- Improved searching with:
- Integrations with Web of Science ResearcherID on Publons and ORCID for author identifier searching. All authors from all publications are indexed, searchable, and unified based on ORCID and ResearcherID profiles.
- All institutional affiliation are indexed and searchable.
- Indexes every paper in the journals, books and proceedings covered (cover to cover indexing for all sources.)
- Clear, complete labelling of all open access versions of articles.
- Web of Science Core Collection and All Databases results now offer links to the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) Institutional Repository for open access content. Chinese Academy of Sciences is the leading open access repository in China with whom Web of Science has partnered to bring additional visibility to open access content from China.
- More efficient workflows that save time with streamlined interactions and faster page loading:
- Modernization of the underlying technology to offer a nimbler, more responsive, proactive and personalized user experience. The new Web of Science uses an intuitive interface that supports both traditional computers and mobile devices.