Presidents Diversity and Inclusion Award
MCW's President’s Diversity and Inclusion Award recognizes the accomplishments of faculty, staff, students, residents, trainees and community members that contribute to diversity and inclusion through exemplary leadership. Recipients should demonstrate a commitment to diversity and inclusion through recruitment and retention efforts, teaching, research, multi-cultural programming, cultural competency, community outreach activities, or other initiatives.
Areas of Achievement: Success in leading and enhancing diversity and inclusion efforts can be demonstrated in many ways. Nominations should be based on demonstrated leadership in one or more of the following areas:
• Activities to recruit, retain, and professionally develop individuals who increase the diversity of MCW faculty or staff.
• Activities to attract or recruit students who increase the diversity of MCW or to help ensure the success of those students.
• Activities to create leadership teams and organizations that promote a diverse and inclusive culture.
• Sponsorship or active promotion of programs, initiatives, or projects in the area of diversity and inclusion.
• Collaboration with campus or community groups in the creation, sponsorship, and implementation of programs, initiatives, or projects in the area of diversity and inclusion.
Nominations can be submitted by individual employees (including supervisors, direct reports and peers of the nominees), students, student organizations and community based organizations.
The Diversity and Inclusion Awards Selection Committee will choose a maximum of two award recipients per year. Award recipients will be honored during the annual Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration and their names will be added to an awards plaque. Each President’s Diversity and Inclusion Award includes a $2,500 prize.