Residency Match 2021: SOAP
Students will receive a notice regarding whether they MATCH (“Did I match?”) on Monday, March 15, 2021 at 10 a.m. (CT). For students who don’t match, the Department of Academic Affairs supports their participation in SOAP (the Supplemental Offer and Acceptance Program), which many of you know of as the “Scramble.” SOAP begins on Monday, March 15, at 10 a.m. and runs until Thursday, March 18, at 2 p.m.
Students may need to be excused from their clinical rotations until they secure a SOAP offer.
- SOAP for Applicants (video)
- Applicant Policy Pitfalls: SOAP video
- How a SOAP Round Works (PDF)
- Cheat Sheet (PDF)
- SOAP FAQs (PDF)
- SOAP: Tracking Applicant Offers support guide (PDF)
SOAP Quick Facts
- Students will access a list of unfilled programs on the NRMP R3 system; the Registrar’s Office will also print out a list of unfilled programs to provide to students.
- During SOAP, students apply to programs by using ERAS.
- Students only can submit up to 45 applications through SOAP.
- All initial communications with the program MUST be initiated by the program; after the initial communication, students can contact the program if they have further questions.
- During SOAP, students can only apply to programs participating in SOAP.