John D. Suson, MD
Associate Professor of Ophthalmology, Department of Ophthalmology & Visual Sciences
(414) 955-7879 (LASIK)
(414) 955-6300 (fax)
The Eye Institute
925 N. 87th St.
Milwaukee, WI 53226
Patient Care Emphasis
- Laser Vision Correction
- diabetic eye disease
Treatments / Services:
- small incision cataract surgery
- advanced technology/premium intraocular lens implantation
- Laser Vision Correction by LASIK/PRK
Patient Care Philosophy:
I have been serving the eye care needs of patients in the Milwaukee area since 1993. Patient care begins by creating a relationship of trust and mutual respect. From there, determining the best course of treatment is a multi-step process: listening to the patient, evaluating their condition, educating them on treatment options, and formulating a plan of action suited to the particular individual and their support system. At times, this means referring the patient to a different provider for more specialized care. Being part of the Medical College of Wisconsin affords my patients access to a world class team of subspecialists in all areas of eyecare. My focus is on ensuring that the patients' vision needs are met.
Dr. Suson is a Comprehensive Ophthalmologist, with extensive experience in cataract surgery, advanced technology lens implantation, and laser vision correction surgery (LASIK). After graduating summa cum laude from Marquette University with a BS in chemistry, Dr. Suson attended medical school at the Medical College of Wisconsin, where he graduated with honors in research. He completed his residency in ophthalmology at the Medical College of Wisconsin Eye Institute, where he served as Chief Resident in his final year. Before joining the faculty of the Medical College of Wisconsin, Dr. Suson was in private practice for 20 years with Suson Eye Specialists in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, an independent practice founded by his father, Dr. Elieser Suson, who was one of the first faculty members of the Department of Ophthalmology at MCW. Dr. John Suson joined the Department of Ophthalmology of the Medical College of Wisconsin as Associate Professor of Ophthalmology in March of 2017.
Honors and Society Memberships
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- The State Medical Society of Wisconsin
- The Milwaukee Ophthalmologic Society
- The Philippine Medical Association of Wisconsin
- MD, The Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Graduated with Honors in Research.
Post Graduate Training
- Internship, St. Luke’s Medical Center, Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- Residency, Ophthalmology, Medical College of Wisconsin - Eye Institute, Milwaukee, WI