Shi-Jiang Li, PhD
Professor, Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine
Education & Experience
- Tsinghua University (Beijing, China), BS, Electronics (1970)
- Biophysics Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Science (Beijing, China), MS program, Biophysics (1980)
- Ohio State University (Columbus, OH), PhD, Biochemistry (1985)
- John Hopkins School of Medicine (Baltimore, MD), Postdoctoral in MRI/MRS (1988-1991)
After receiving his engineering degree from Tsinghua University, Dr. Li worked for eight years as a communication engineer and later as a graduate student in the Biophysics Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Science. His multidisciplinary education and experiences have provided him with a broad background to conduct sophisticated biophysics research.
Dr. Li's research focuses on improving and developing advanced MRI acquisition and data analysis techniques to measure brain functional and structural network organizations.
Dr. Li has the following NIH-funded research projects:
Alzheimer's Disease Connectome Project
NIH/NIA (MPI study with Barbara Bendlin [University of Wisconsin-Madison])
The long-term goal of this project is to apply the Human Connectome Project data collection protocol and develop robust technology to accurately stage Alzheimer's disease across the full spectrum of its progression on an individual subject basis.
Network-Level Mechanisms for Preclinical Alzheimer’s Disease Development
The overall goal of this project is to examine the neural-network-damaging processes during AD progression to yield insights into the APOE–Age–AD relationships by mathematically modeling the Age–AD two-dimensional space.
- Gang Chen, PhD, Research Scientist II
- Guangyu Chen, PhD, Research Scientist
- Zhan Xu, Graduate Student
- Piero G. Antuono, MD (Professor, Neurology, Pharmacology, and Toxicology, MCW)
- Arash Babaei, MD (Assistant Professor, Medicine, MCW)
- Joseph Goveas, MD (Associate Professor, Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine, MCW)
- Anthony Hudetz (Professor, Anesthesiology, University of Michigan, MCW)
- Franczak B. Malgorzata, MD (Professor, Neurology, MCW)
- Kathryn K. Lauer, MD (Professor, Anesthesiology, MCW)
- Xiaolin Liu, PhD (Assistant Professor, Radiology, MCW)
- Yang Wang, MD, PhD (Associate Professor, Radiology, MCW)
- B. Doug Ward (Senior Statistician, Biophysics, MCW)