Chief, Division of Trauma and
Acute Care Surgery
Our Division is primarily responsible for the trauma program and surgical critical care service at Froedtert Hospital (FH). We provide surgical services for the benefit of our patients and professional colleagues twenty-four hours each day, seven days a week. Our Trauma Center excels in the care of patients with injuries, complex wounds, surgical infections and patients requiring surgical critical care. While our major academic focus is trauma and critical care, we maintain an active general surgery practice and are pleased to offer our special expertise in the areas of laparoscopy, endoscopy, surgical infections, and gastrointestinal surgery. We provide all emergency surgical coverage to the emergency department at FH. All faculty have their general surgery boards with added qualifications in critical care from the American Board of Surgery. Research activities focus heavily on measuring patient outcomes after injury, cost-effective medical care, surgical infections, disease modeling, and surgical education.
MCW on the RADIO
Join us on Saturday, November 25 at 3 pm on NEWS/TALK 1130 WISN for the fourth program of “The Word on Medicine” supported by Selig Leasing Co., and produced by the Department of Surgery. This multidisciplinary, bi-weekly radio show will highlight innovation and discovery across MCW – how knowledge changes life!
Our fourth program is devoted to bariatric surgery and the management of obesity.
The panel of experts joining Dr. Evans are:
- Dr. Rana Higgins, bariatric surgery in the Division of General Surgery
- Dr. Vidya Kidambi, endocrinologist in the Division of Endocrinology
- Kate Glasenapp, adult nurse practitioner in the Division of Endocrinology
- Dr. Tammy Kindel, surgeon-scientist in the Division of General Surgery
- Dr. Kathryn Lauer, Vice Chair for Clinical Affairs in the Department of Anesthesiology and Chief of Staff at Froedtert Hospital
View additional programs