We offer three (3) residency positions each academic year. The PGY 1 year is a preliminary surgical year. PGYs 2-5 are dedicated to education and training in Urology.
The Urology Residency Program participates in the AUA Residency Match; please see the Match Calendar for important dates and information.
After completing the AUA Match, the MCW Urology Program and matched applicants utilize the NRMP match to secure preliminary surgical training positions.
All residents must complete a preliminary surgical year. Preliminary surgical training is completed at the Medical College of Wisconsin in the Department of General Surgery.
We utilize ERAS to manage the application process.
Applicants from US Medical Schools must:
- Complete an ERAS online application deadline is October 1st
- In your ERAS application, you must:
Failure to provide the above information may cause a delay in consideration or rejection of your residency application.
- Provide three (3) Letters of Recommendation
- Provide a Curriculum Vitae
- Write a Personal Statement
- Provide Medical Student Transcripts
- Provide USMLE Step 1 Scores
- Provide a Dean’s Letter
- Prior GME Training
- Register with National Residency Matching Program (NRMP)
For IMG applicants
IMGs must provide the above information. In addition, among other qualifications, the following documentation must be provided and/or obtained:
- Current ECGMG Certification
- US Citizenship
- US Permanent Resident
- J-1 Visa
- H1- B Visa