Dr. Krippendorf joined the Department of Cell Biology, Neurobiology and Anatomy in 1995 to advance the teaching mission of the college. Dr. Krippendorf’s educational goal is to help medical students obtain basic knowledge of anatomy and neuroscience as a foundation for understanding disease processes and ultimately for applying treatments that ensure quality patient care. She teaches extensively in the M1 Clinical Human Anatomy course, providing numerous presentations in the Head and Neck unit and assistance in every laboratory session. Dr. Krippendorf is Course Director for M1 Medical Neuroscience. Under her leadership, Med Neuro course evaluation ratings are among the highest in the M1/M2 curriculum.
Dr. Krippendorf is a member of the American Association of Clinical Anatomists and the International Association of Medical Science Educators.
Dr. Krippendorf has received numerous awards for excellence in teaching:
- MCW Student Assembly Standing Ovation Award - in recognition of excellence in service to MCW students (2001, 2008) Certificates of Recognition (2002, 2007, 2010)
- The Harry Beckman Basic Science Teaching Award - selected by the senior class to a faculty member in recognition of teaching excellence (2004, 2008, 2013, 2017)
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society - in recognition of gifted teaching by newly elected student members of the MCW Beta chapter (2009)
- MCW Society of Teaching Scholars - in recognition of teaching excellence and outstanding contributions as an educational scholar and leader (2010)
- Outstanding Medical Student Teacher at MCW - nominated by course directors (2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012) or recognized on the post graduate survey (2013)
(Krippendorf BB, Bolender DL, Kolesari GL.) Anat Sci Educ. 2008 Sep-Oct;1(5):220-3.
(Krippendorf BB, Lough J.) Anat Rec B New Anat. 2005 Jul;285(1):19-25.
(Riley DA, Ellis S, Slocum GR, Sedlak FR, Bain JL, Krippendorf BB, Lehman CT, Macias MY, Thompson JL, Vijayan K, De Bruin JA.) J Appl Physiol (1985). 1996 Jul;81(1):133-44.
(Riley DA, Thompson JL, Krippendorf BB, Slocum GR.) Basic Appl Myol. 1995;5(2):139-45.
(Krippendorf BB, Riley DA.) Anat Rec. 1994 Mar;238(3):304-10.
(Krippendorf BB, Riley DA.) Muscle Nerve. 1993 Jan;16(1):99-108.