Interviewing for Residency
Thank you for your interest in the Medical College of Wisconsin Emergency Medicine Residency.
The Emergency Medicine Residency is a three-year program and is fully accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME). We only accept applications through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). We participate in the National Residency Match Program. Applications will not be accepted via fax, mail or email.
Our Emergency Medicine Residency accepts applications for ten EM1 positions.
The Medical College of Wisconsin Affiliated Hospitals does not sponsor Visa's and foreign medical graduates must have graduated within the past three years.
A Complete application includes:
- Completed ERAS application
- USMLE and/or COMLEX scores – Step/Level 1 required, Step/Level 2 preferred
- A recent photograph
- Three letters of recommendation preferable from emergency medicine physicians
- It is highly recommended that two of your recommendations are Standardized Letters of Evaluation (SLOE) from your home and a visiting institution
- Medical School Transcript
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE)
- Applications are accepted through October 31 of each year.
- Letters of recommendation should be received prior to your interview date.
- Interview offers will be made beginning October 1.
Interviews for 2018-2019 are scheduled for the following days:
- October 25 and 26
- November 7, 16, 29, 30
- December 7, 12, 14, 19
Our Interview Day
- Interviews days begin at 7:30 am and conclude at approximately 1:30 pm.
- We offer applicants and their significant others the opportunity to join us for a pre-event at a premier location on the previous evening hosted by our current residents.
- Applicants begin the interview day with a Welcome by the Program Director.
- Five individual 15-minute interviews are conducted by the Program Director, Education Leadership, Emergency Medicine clinical faculty, Pediatric Emergency Medicine clinical faculty and a senior resident.
- Our residents provide you with a tour of the Emergency Department and our facilities.
- Applicants have lunch with our residents.
- At the day's end, the Program Director will present a short wrap-up.