Candice S. Klug, PhD
Professor; Director, National Biomedical EPR Center; Program Director, Biophysics Graduate Program
PhD, Biophysics, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI, 1999
BS, Chemistry, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA, 1994
Methodologies and Techniques
- Adenosine Triphosphatases
- Amino Acid Motifs
- ATP-Binding Cassette Transporters
- Bacterial Proteins
- electron paramagnetic resonance spectroscopy
- Electron Spin Resonance Spectroscopy
- Escherichia coli Proteins
- Lipid A
- Associate Director, National Biomedical EPR Center, 2014-2016
- Chair, Graduate School Curriculum and Programs Committee, 2010-2013
- Chair, Women in Science Advisory Committee, 2011 - 2016
- Chair, Women's Faculty Council, 2006-2007
- Director, National Biomedical EPR Center, 2016 - present
- President, MCW Faculty Council, 2016-2017
- Program Director, Biophysics Graduate Program, 2013 - present
- Training Program Director, National Biomedical EPR Center, 2003-present
MCW Program / Core Facilities
- Biophysics Graduate Program
- Interdisciplinary Program in the Biomedical Sciences
- National Biomedical EPR Center
LptA-Mediated Transport of LPS is an R01 award from the National Institute of General Medical Sciences to study how LptA transports LPS. Genetic screenings, laser light scattering analyses, EPR spectroscopy studies, and isothermal titration calorimetry measurements are used to provide detailed insights into the mechanisms of LPS transport across the periplasm of Gram-negative bacteria.
National Biomedical EPR Center is a P41 award from the National Institute of Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering. The mission of the EPR Center is to serve the community of EPR spectroscopists by development of advanced EPR instrumentation and new EPR methodology.
(Schultz KM, Fischer MA, Noey EL, Klug CS.) Protein Sci. 2018 08;27(8):1407-1417.
(Schultz KM, Klug CS.) Protein Sci. 2018 02;27(2):381-389.
(Schultz KM, Klug CS.) Appl Magn Reson. 2017 Dec;48(11-12):1341-1353.
(Chen Q, Perry NA, Vishnivetskiy SA, Berndt S, Gilbert NC, Zhuo Y, Singh PK, Tholen J, Ohi MD, Gurevich EV, Brautigam CA, Klug CS, Gurevich VV, Iverson TM.) Nat Commun. 2017 11 10;8(1):1427.
(Schultz KM, Lundquist TJ, Klug CS.) Protein Sci. 2017 Aug;26(8):1517-1523.
(Suliman M, Santosh V, Seegar TCM, Dalton AC, Schultz KM, Klug CS, Barton WA.) PLoS One. 2017;12(8):e0184271.
(Petrou VI, Herrera CM, Schultz KM, Clarke OB, Vendome J, Tomasek D, Banerjee S, Rajashankar KR, Belcher Dufrisne M, Kloss B, Kloppmann E, Rost B, Klug CS, Trent MS, Shapiro L, Mancia F.) Science. 2016 Feb 05;351(6273):608-12.
(Alvarez FJ, Orelle C, Huang Y, Bajaj R, Everly RM, Klug CS, Davidson AL.) Mol Microbiol. 2015 Dec;98(5):878-94.
(Zhuo Y, Vishnivetskiy SA, Zhan X, Gurevich VV, Klug CS.) J Biol Chem. 2014 Jul 25;289(30):20991-1002.
(Bandyopadhyay A, Zhuo Y, Hubbell WL, Klug CS, Gurevich VV, Ernst OP.) The Structural Basis of Arrestin Functions. 24 May 2017:159-173.
(Vishnivetskiy SA, Hubbell WL, Klug CS, Gurevich VV.) The Structural Basis of Arrestin Functions. 24 May 2017:133-140.
(Zhuo Y, Klug CS.) The Structural Basis of Arrestin Functions. 24 May 2017:19-29.