Matt Stanton, PharmD, BCPS, DABAT, CSPI is a Wisconsin native who completed his BS degree in Bacteriology at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. He went on to complete his Doctor of Pharmacy degree at the Midwestern University College of Pharmacy in Glendale, AZ. He completed a pharmacy practice residency at Froedtert before going on to additional training and practice in emergency medicine pharmacy and clinical toxicology and attained board certification as a Clinical Toxicologist by the American Board of Applied Toxicology (ABAT). He as an appointment as Clinical Assistant Professor in the MCW School of Pharmacy with a secondary appointment in the Department of Emergency Medicine and Division of Medical Toxicology. Matt assists in educational activities for pharmacy students and postgraduate pharmacy residents on the Emergency Medicine rotation and Medical Toxicology service. He also directs training of specialists in the poison center. He covers backup call and helps out with clinical rounds on the service as well.
Honors and Awards
Special Recognition Award, Medical College of Wisconsin Department of Emergency Medicine, 2017
Magna Cum Laude, Midwestern University College of Pharmacy-Glendale, 2009
Pharmacy Teamwork Award, Banner Del E. Webb Medical Center, 2008
Rho Chi Honor Society, Midwestern University College of Pharmacy-Glendale, 2008
Doctor of Pharmacy, Midwestern University College of Pharmacy-Glendale, Glendale, AZ, 2009
BS, UW-Madison, Madison, WI, 2002
Toxicology of plants and animals
Laboratory analysis of xenobiotics
(Feldman R, Stanton M, Borys D, Kostic M, Gummin D.) Clin Toxicol (Phila). 2019 Mar 20:1-6.
(Borys D, Stanton M, Gummin D, Drott T.) Pediatrics. 2015 Feb;135(2):e392-6.
(Stanton M.) Hyperbaric Medicine Practice, 4th Edition. Stanton M. Treatment of the Brown Recluse Spider Bite with Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy. In: Whelan H, Kindwall E, eds. Hyperbaric Medicine Practice, 4th ed. North Palm Beach: Best Publishing Company;2017.
(Zosel A and Stanton M.) Journal of Clinical Toxicology. Zosel A, Stanton M (2016) Death Following Ingestion of Clitocybe Species Mushroom. J Clin Toxicol 6:308. doi: 10.4172/2161-0495.1000308.