Advanced Genomics Laboratory (AGEN)
The Advanced Genomics (AGEN) Laboratory facilitates the rapid translation of scientific observations into clinical diagnostics through joint a effort between Children's Hospital of Wisconsin-Laboratory Medicine, Children's Research Institute, Medical College of Wisconsin Department of Pediatrics (Division of Genetics), and the Medical College of Wisconsin Department of Pathology (Division of Pediatric Pathology).
Through a partnership with the Children's Hospital of Wisconsin-Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, the Advanced Genomics (AGEN) Laboratory is accredited by the College of American Pathologists.
Advanced Genomics Laboratory Requisition Form (PDF)
Test Description Overview
Test Description Overview (PDF)
DNA Deletion Duplication Array
- Description: A high-resolution, genome-wide analysis to identify duplications and deletions of chromosomal segments
- Test Code: DDDA
- CPT Code: 81229
Quantitative Polymerase Chain Reaction
- Description: Determines the copy number of a chromosomal segment to evaluate for the presence of deletion or duplication aberrations
- Test Code: qPCR
- CPT Code: 94311x1, 88271x2, 88291x1
Test Requisition Form
Test Requisition Form (PDF)
Specimen Collection and Transport Guide
Specimen Collection and Transport Guide (PDF)
Origin of Request: CHW inpatient
- Order Method: Use Epic system
- Payment Method: AGEN invoices CHW
Origin of Request: CHW outpatient
- Order Method: Provide a prescription for outpatient testing, write "DDDA" in the additional tests section of the Outpatient Laboratory Order Form (PDF) and Fax CHW outpatient laboratory the order sheet to (414) 955-6128
- Payment Method of Services: AGEN invoices CHW
Origin of Request: Outside Referring Diagnostic Laboratory
- Order Method: Review Specimen Collection and Transport Guide (PDF); complete the Test Requisition Form (PDF)
- Payment Method for Services: AGEN invoices Referring Diagnostic Laboratory
The AGEN laboratory does not bill third parties (e.g. insurance companies). The referring laboratory is responsible for obtaining payment from third parties. Our laboratory bills directly to referring laboratory for payment. Please provide complete institutional billing information within the Institution Contact section on the Test Requisition Form (PDF).
Frequently Asked Questions
To ensure the quality of test results, specimens are to arrive in the Advanced Genomics Laboratory (AGEN) within 3 days of collection. We recommend the use of Federal Express – First Priority Overnight.
Please contact the laboratory with courier name and tracking number prior to a weekend or holiday to assure optimal specimen handling.
Licensure & Accreditation
Through a partnership with Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, the Advanced Genomics (AGEN) Laboratory is certified for clinical testing by CAP (College of American Pathologists).
Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) Certificate of Compliance (PDF)
Ulrich Broeckel, MD
Rachel Lorier, BS
Contact Information and Specimen Delivery Address
Medical College of Wisconsin
Advanced Genomics Laboratory (AGEN)
Attn: Rachel Lorier
Department of Pediatrics – Genetics
TBRC/CRI, Rm. C2388
8701 Watertown Plank Rd.
Milwaukee, WI 53226
Hours of Operation
The laboratory is regularly staffed Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm (Central Standard Time).
Shipments are to be delivered to the Medical College of Wisconsin Loading Dock. The loading dock is located off of Watertown Plank Rd. between 87th and 92nd Streets by use of access road highlighted by red arrow (see map).
(414) 955-6128 (fax)