Kirk Ludwig, MD
Colon Cancer Research
Chief, Division of Colorectal Surgery
Welcome to the Division of Colorectal Surgery at the Medical College of Wisconsin. The mission of our Division is to provide high caliber, compassionate care for patients with colorectal disease. We believe that this type of high quality care is a product of focusing our efforts on exclusively treating patients with colorectal disease. We are dedicated to educating our patients about their problems so that they can play an active role in working with us to design the optimum treatment approach. We take great pride in our ability to apply pioneering and contemporary methods of diagnosis, operative and non-operative treatment for patients with a broad range of colorectal disorders. In our efforts to optimize outcomes for our patients, we take full advantage of all that an academic medical center can offer by working closely with our colleagues in Surgical Oncology, Medical Oncology, Radiation Therapy, Genetic Counseling, Gastroenterology, Radiology, and other departments. We are committed to providing the best evidence-based medical care as well as access to cutting-edge research directed at improving patient outcomes and quality of life. We know what works; we are dedicated to finding out what works better.
MCW ON THE RADIO
Join us on Saturday, October 28 at 3 pm on NEWS/TALK 1130 WISN for the second program of “The Word on Medicine” supported by Selig Leasing Co., and produced by the Department of Surgery. This multidisciplinary, bi-weekly radio show will highlight innovation and discovery across MCW – how knowledge changes life!
This program is devoted to heart disease with a special emphasis on heart surgery and heart transplantation. The program chair is Dr. Paul Pearson, Chief of the Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery.
Joining Dr. Pearson in this program are:
- Dr. Peter Mason, an interventional cardiologist in the Division of Cardiology and the Department of Medicine
- Jessica Kurowski, an advanced practice nurse practitioner in the Cardiac Valve Program at Froedtert Hospital and the Medical College of Wisconsin
- Dr. Mitch Saltzberg, the Medical Director of the Comprehensive Heart Failure and Transplant Program in the Division of Cardiology
- Dr. David Joyce, a cardiovascular surgeon in the Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Meg Shannon-Stone, an advanced practice nurse practitioner in the Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Dr. Nicole Lohr, a cardiologist in the Division of Cardiology
View additional programs