Student Quotes about the Body Donation Program
Body donations are critical, irreplaceable learning tools for a physician's anatomical training. Without the generosity of you, your loved ones, and others, our medical students wouldn't have the outstanding opportunities they do for research and training. We invite you to read through the testimonials below to see for yourself the respect, awe, and profound gratitude our students have for each selfless donation that comes through our doors.
- "Our donors taught us to celebrate life and to never forget the need for humanity and compassion in medicine – a lesson that could never be explained in any textbook." Heather
- "Thank you for giving the most generous and most selfless gift. Thank you for wanting to help us, for trusting us, and for believing in us. In that relationship, perhaps more than the physical connection we shared, our donors were truly our first patients." Trevor
- "The donors taught us more than any single patient could. We discovered and studied the entire human body, and the donors were awesome teachers." Megan
- "Our bodies are our dearest possession and to agree to be a donor knowing the consequence makes these people real life heroes to me." Brian
- "I want to express my deepest gratitude to the donors and their families for their generous gift. Studying from your loved-one helped me to come one step closer to becoming a competent physician. From the bottom of my heart, thank you." Jessica
- "There are no words to express the gift that the donors and their families gave and the impact they had on our medical education and our future careers. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!" Claire