REDIRECT SEED Grant Program
The Medical College of Wisconsin Institute for Health & Equity and the Center for Healthy Communities and Research will provide four $40,000 18-month grants annually to advance the aims of the Research in Early childhood Development by Improving Resiliency and EQuiTy (REDIRECT) project. REDIRECT is funded by the MCW Advancing a Healthier Wisconsin endowment.
The overarching project goal of REDIRECT is to improve the wellbeing of children in Milwaukee through quantitative data analysis and qualitative exploration of the key drivers of health disparities related to early childhood development. The research will create a better understanding of the complex interplay between individual, family, community and strengths-based factors to overcome adversity and enable children to thrive. This will allow us to evaluate existing interventions and design evidence-based interventions to improve child development and kindergarten readiness.
Pilot Proposals Should:
- Align with one of these REDIRECT aims:
- Examine the contributing factors to disparities, protective factors for resilience, and outcomes in Early Childhood Development (ECD) at individual, family, community, and/or societal levels
- Evaluate policies and/or develop community-engaged interventions to improve ECD outcomes.
- Demonstrate clear relevance and importance to children under age 5 and their families who reside in the City of Milwaukee;
- Encourage sustainable, authentic community-academic partnerships where appropriate; and
- Describe a plan for disseminating findings and continuing the research and project activities beyond the pilot grant, including how outcomes will be used to seek external funding or leveraged to expand promising projects.
Download the RFA (PDF)
The Letter of Intent form is due via REDCap by Friday, September 21, 2018 5:00 pm CST.
The full proposal is due via eBridge to the MCW Grants and Contracts Office by Friday, October 26, 2018 5:00 pm CST.
The final application is due via a web-based link by Friday, November 2, 2018 5:00 pm CST.