Musculoskeletal Radiology Fellowship
The Medical College of Wisconsin Musculoskeletal Radiology Fellowship offers non ACGME accredited training in both diagnostic imaging and image guided procedures. Fellows rotate at Froedtert Hospital and a nearby MR imaging facility (CDI), but also remotely interpret studies for Froedtert Menomonee Falls Hospital, Froedtert West Bend Hospital and many outpatient imaging centers and clinics.
Fellows read MRI, CT, US and radiography with a focus on MRI, biopsies and injections. Cases are balanced, including studies and procedures for an academic orthopedic surgery department featuring three orthopedic oncologists, a level 1 trauma center and the team physicians for the Milwaukee Bucks and Milwaukee Brewers. We also provide imaging and image guided procedures for private practice and academic rheumatologists, sports medicine physicians, plastic surgeons, neurologists, neurosurgeons, physiatrists, podiatrists, general practitioners and private practice orthopedic surgeons.
Our section has 11 fellowship trained radiologists and participates in weekly MSK oncology conferences, weekly rheumatology conferences and twice monthly sports medicine conferences. Our streamlined, integrated EPIC EMR/RIS, McKesson PACS and PowerScribe 360 dictation software allows our trainees to efficiently review many cases. We are a General Electric (GE) beta center with state of the art clinical and research scanners as well as an MRI physicist with a focus on musculoskeletal imaging. Our graduates have continued their careers in both private practice and academics.
John S. Symanski, MD
We participate in the match and will begin accepting applications for the 2022-2023 academic year on August 1, 2020. Once all your application documents have been received, you will receive email confirmation that your application is complete. Selected applicants will be contacted to schedule interviews according to the SSR MSK Match Timeline. Applicants must be eligible to obtain a Wisconsin state medical licenses prior to starting fellowship.
If you are interested in a position for the 2021-2022 academic year, please contact our program coordinator, Meredith Zimmerman.
- SSR Common Application (DOC)
- Personal Statement
- Copies of your USMLE Step 1, Step 2 and Step 3 scores
- Three letters of reference (residency program director, MSK radiologist with whom you have worked and letter writer of your choice)
- Medical school Dean’s letter
- ECFMG (if applicable)
- Photo (optional)
Email and/or mail application documents to:
Meredith Zimmermann - Program Coordinator
Department of Radiology
MCW & Froedtert Hospital
9200 W. Wisconsin Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53226
- Two positions per year
- Rotations at Froedtert Hospital and a nearby MR imaging facility (CDI)
- Three orthopedic oncologists
- Level 1 trauma center
- Imaging for the Milwaukee Bucks and Milwaukee Brewers
- Fellow case conference (weekly)
- Sports medicine conference (twice monthly)
- Orthopedic oncology conference (weekly)
- Rheumatology conference (weekly)
- Journal club
- Hands on ultrasound scanning workshops
- Four weeks paid vacation
- Academic time as approved to support research
- Instructor salary - up to $110,000/year
- Educational stipend - $3,000
Samba Binagi, MD
Residency: Aurora Health Care, St. Luke’s Medical Center, Milwaukee, WI; Fellowship: Medical College of Wisconsin and Children’s Wisconsin: Fellowship in Pediatric Radiology