Science educators break down scientific concepts for the broader community. Work as a teacher to inspire future scientists. Other organizations and nonprofits need outreach coordinators and event planners to raise awareness and make science relevant to the public.
Continue your career as a researcher in biomedical and pharmaceutical industries.
Pharmaceutical segment - The industry’s mainstay and is composed of large, fully integrated, global players.
Biotechnology segment - Is an upstart, having emerged commercially only 30 years ago, but is increasingly the engine of innovation in biomedicine.
Medical device segment - Is much older than biotech, but is composed of many fewer players, and owing to the nature of its products, exemplifies the life-saving power of “convergence”: a marriage of engineering know-how and biomedical science.
Diagnostics segment - has grown up along mainstream pharmaceuticals, and has acquired a new dynamism and centrality since the advent of the genomics revolution.
For more information, refer to the link below:
Help people conduct and use science, responsibly. Patent and intellectual property, science policy experts, and regulatory affairs professionals involves expert scientific knowledge combined with the ability to read and write highly detailed laws, policies & procedures.
- Society for Developmental Biology (SDB)
- American Institute of Biological Sciences (AIBS)
- Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology (FASEB)
Career Option Resources
- What the Heck do you do with a PhD in the Biomedical Sciences?
- Career Paths for PhD Graduates
- Addressing Biomedical Science’s PhD Problem
- Career Development (American Society for Microbiology)
- 3-Tiered Professional Outcomes Taxonomy (PDF)
- Vanderbilt Beyond the Lab podcast (Vanderbilt University)