Certification in Public Health
- Students of a school or program of public health accredited by CEPH (Council on Education for Public Health).
- Alumni of a school or program of public health accredited by CEPH
- Other relevant degrees: individuals who have taken the core courses* at a CEPH-accredited school or program and have a relevant graduate degree or three years of public health work experience.
- Public health work experience: individuals who have at least a bachelor's degree and at least five subsequent years' public health work experience will be eligible to take the exam.
- 18204 Public Health Analytics
- 18155 Public Health Theory and Practice
- 18165 Principles of Public Health Data and Epidemiology
- 18203 Public Health Administration
Please note: Completing the Graduate Certificate in Public Health does not confer eligibility to take the Certified in Public Health exam.
Public Health professionals assure healthy communities. Becoming Certified in Public Health helps the public health profession by setting standards consistent with the expectations of the public. Becoming a Certified in Public Health professional is an investment in your career, livelihood, and future. It also:
- Sets a standard of excellence in the field of public health.
- Improves the quality of public health service for communities and the nation.
- Fosters an environment of life-long learning.
- Encourages the recognition of a professional community.
- Opens doors for participation in workshops, conferences and other professional activities.
The CPH exam has ten ten domain areas; a detailed list and description of the topics within each domain area on the Certified in Public Health by the National Board of Public Health Examiners website.
- Law & Ethics
- Public Health Biology and Human Disease Risk
- Collaboration and Partnership
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Program Management
- Policy in Public Health
- Health Equity and Social Justice
- Evidence-based approaches in Public Health
The Association of Schools and Programs of Public Health (ASSPH) offers an online CPH exam study guide.