MSTP Graduate Years
Research and discovery motivate and intrigue you. MCW-MSTP will work with you to define your research options, which allows you to thrive while training.
MCW is a major national research center, the largest research institution in Southeast Wisconsin and second largest in Wisconsin.
MCW-MSTP is committed to facilitating the excellence of your training and will guide and support you as you develop the skills of an independent investigator within our scientific community!
- Select your PhD advisor from research laboratories in the basic science departments or research centers
- Trainees typically complete their PhD degree in 3-4 years
- MSTP specific workshops
- Attend National MD/PhD Student Conference
In addition to training in basic science departments, many PhD mentors have appointments in numerous centers on campus:
- Cancer Center
- Cardiovascular Center
- Center for Infectious Disease Research
- Center for Imaging Research
- Center for Microbiome Research
- Children's Research Institute
- Clinical & Translational Science Institute
- Eye Institute
- Linda T. and John A. Mellowes Center for Genomic Sciences and Precision Medicine
- Max McGee National Research Center for Juvenile Diabetes
- Midwest Children's Cancer Center (MACC Fund)
- Neuroscience Research Center
- Redox & Bioenergetics Shared Resource