There is a national shortage of physician-scientists who can care for patients and conduct state-of-the-art research. Our MD/PhD Program was established in 1983 and our mission is to support medical and research training culminating in the receipt of both an MD and a PhD degree while assisting to reduce the cost associated with your training experience. Learn More
About Our Program
1 of 45
Congratulations to our 2021 students who matched!
Eric Darrah, MD, PhD
Matched at Washington University in St. Louis; Specialty: Psychiatry
Matched at Johns Hopkins University; Specialty: Pediatrics
Matched at University of Washington; Specialty: Pediatrics
Matched at University of Michigan; Specialty: Pathology
Matched at Albert Einstein School of Medicine; Specialty: Emergency Medicine
- We are located in a suburb of Milwaukee, WI on a great lake and 90 minutes from Chicago.
- We currently have students from 38 different undergraduate institutions across 18 states.
- Our students have a variety of undergraduate majors including; biology, biochemistry, chemistry, biomedical engineering, math, physics, microbiology, neuroscience, genetics, biological sciences, psychology, philosophy and english
- We have a commitment to inclusion. Our students are diverse in many aspects including ethnicity, religion, outside interests and much more – we welcome diversity and all that it has to offer!
- We matriculate approximately 8 students per year and if accepted and remain in good standing, all trainees are provided a tuition scholarship, a generous stipend, along with health insurance paid for by our Program.
- We invite applicants who are US citizens as well as international applicants who have completed their undergraduate work at an accredited institution in the United States or Canada. We also welcome medical students from our M-1 class to apply.
Medical Scientist Training Program
Medical College of Wisconsin
8701 Watertown Plank Rd.
Milwaukee, WI 53226
Director, Medical Scientist Training Program
Nita H. Salzman, MD, PhD
MSTP Education Program Coordinator
(800) 457-2775 | (414) 955-8641
MSTP Administrative Assistant