Biostatistics Consulting Service
These consulting services include assistance with design and analysis of clinical trials, design and analysis of observational studies, design and analysis of surveys, assistance with public databases, sample size and power calculations and data analysis and interpretation. Additionally, our faculty and staff have extensive experience in grant preparation of NIH, NSF, CTSI, Department of Education, HERSA, Healthier Wisconsin, and VA grants. We have also helped prepare proposals for a number of private research foundations.
Consulting is provided by Biostatistics faculty and staff. Staff consultants are supervised by a member of the faculty. Consulting services are offered for a standard fee and are provided on an appointment basis. After the initial consultation, a time estimate is provided.
Faculty Statistician: $165.00 per hour
Staff Statistician: $100.00 per hour
For Corporate / Non- MCW Account:
Faculty Statistician: $280.00 per hour
Staff Statistician: $165.00 per hour
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Biostatistics Consulting Service will no longer clean data for any investigator for free. The BCS has outlined a specific set of criteria in which data should be brought to us.
In section 30.3 of your IRB SMARTFORM, mention that your analysis will be performed by the BCS.
Where meaningful intellectual contribution to the formulation of a research question or the analytic scheme for a research paper has been provided by the statistical consultant, it is hoped that Biostatistics personnel will be offered co-authorship on consequent publications and presentations (though this is not a requirement).
End of project requirements
Please notify us of any abstracts, posters, papers, or grant submissions resulting from this work. We also ask that for any publication you comply with the NIH Public Access Policy and apply for a PMCID number. Papers with such numbers, which are essentially automatically given for most publications, allow us to obtain full credit with NIH for our collaborative work. We can help you with this number should you need assistance.
The Biostatistics Consulting Service can handle projects requiring expertise in any area of statistics. We can help with your study from the planning stages to the final write-up.
- Design: we can help you to choose an experimental design that will allow you to answer the research question most efficiently. Clinical trials, surveys all need special considerations.
- Sample size determination: having too much or too little data is a waste of resources. We can help you plan how much data you need to collect so that your study can evaluate your hypothesis.
- Grant proposal preparation: we can write the sections on the statistical analysis plan and sample size considerations.
- Randomization: we can develop and implement an appropriate randomization scheme.
- Data management: we can advise you on database design, and even help you set it up.
- Data entry
Statistical modeling, data analysis and interpretation: we will help you choose the appropriate analysis methods, and carry them out if you wish. We can also help you interpret the results in the context of your research.
- Reports: we can write ready-to-publish description of the statistical methods used, prepare summary tables.
- Plots: we can design and produce publication quality plots that communicate your message effectively.
Biostatistics Consulting Service
8701 Watertown Plank Rd.
Medical Education Building
Milwaukee, WI 53226