Saturday Clinic for the Uninsured
Saturday Clinic for the Uninsured is a primary care clinic run by medical and pharmacy students that offers free health services to the uninsured patients of Milwaukee. Under faculty supervision, medical & pharmacy students are responsible for day-to-day operations and participate in providing patient care and education.
Visiting the Clinic
The clinic is located at 1121 E. North Ave., at the southeast corner of North Ave. and Humboldt Ave. in the Ascension Columbia St. Mary’s Family Health Center.
There is street parking and a parking lot adjacent to the building.
The clinic is open almost every Saturday of the year. Appointments are available between 8:00-11:00 am. Patients are encouraged to call and schedule. Walk-ins may be seen if appointments are available, but are not guaranteed to be seen that day and may have to be scheduled for another week.
Services Provided & Patient Population
The clinic regularly sees 10 to 15 patients per Saturday.
We see patients who attest to the fact that they have NO health insurance coverage. Unfortunately, we cannot see patients who have partial coverage, including Medicare, Medicaid, BadgerCare, or Title 19 insurance.
We do provide services for children without health insurance by appointment. Please call the clinic phone at (414) 588-2865 to make a pediatric appointment.
We do not provide prenatal care. However, if you have questions about prenatal care, please call our phone number and we can assist with resources.
We can provide interpreter services to address language barriers.
We provide basic primary care to many of our patients. We manage chronic, as well as, acute illness. Examples of services we can provide include:
- Routine health maintenance physicals and screening including Pap Smears
- Employment physicals
- Acute illness assessment/treatment
- Follow-up care for injuries and accidents
- Management of chronic health conditions such as high blood pressure, diabetes, and asthma
- Prescription medication refills
- Pharmacy consults
- Social work consults
- Routine laboratory work
- Sexually transmitted infection screening, including HIV testing
- Biopsies (on a limited basis, depending upon physician comfort)
We also offer several in-house specialty services by appointment only including:
- Gynecology – Women’s Health Exams
- Ophthalmology – Eye Care
- Psychiatry & Mental Health Services
- Dermatology – Skin Care
Please note, this list is subject to change. For the most updated list of specialty services offered at our clinic, please call our clinic (414) 588-2865. In some cases, if a specialty service at SCU is not available, we can refer out to other clinics in the area which may offer that service.
- 2016 President's Community Engagement Award - MCW
- 2007 Humanitarian in Medicine Award from the Milwaukee Academy of Medicine
- Department of Family and Community Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin
- School of Pharmacy, Medical College of Wisconsin
- Ascension Columbia St. Mary's Hospital and Family Health Center
- Ascension Wisconsin Pharmacy
- Antoinette A. & Matthew Keenan Endowment
- Catholic Community Foundation
- Helen M. Cudahy Trust
2019 Clinic Managers
- Board Chair – Thomas Ritter
- Director of Policy & Finance – Benjamin Liu
- Director of M1/M2 Volunteers – Jakara Griffin
- Director of M3/M4/CC Volunteers – Alex Kerschner
- Director of Physician Volunteers – Emily Hendrickson
- Director of Clinical Continuity Track – Samira Samant
- Director of Outreach and Technology – Srisha Kotlo
- Directors of Referrals – Arianna Bradley & Brenna Kelly
- Directors of Medication Dispensary – Abel Chinos & Molly Schmidt
- Director of Laboratory – Scott Lamm
- Director of Clinic Day Operations – Neehal Shukla
2020 Clinic Managers
- Allison Whorton
- Hayley McDaniel
- Edward Salem
- Dan Sweeney
- Marie Balfour
- Sandra Okoro
- Alejandra Rodriguez
- Enrique Martinez
- Gifty Marfowaa
- Hannah Racicot
- Hayley McDaniel
- Jesse Maguire
- Marvin Lu
- Spenser Marting
1121 E. North Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53212