The Adult Neurology Residency Program at the Medical College of Wisconsin is fully accredited by the ACGME as a four year categorical training program.
The Adult Neurology Residency Program at the Medical College of Wisconsin if fully accredited by the ACGME as a categorical training program. We have a built-in, guaranteed intern year through an agreement with the Department of Internal Medicine.
Watch our videos to learn more about our program and what makes the Medical College of Wisconsin an outstanding place to train in Neurology. Some highlights of what makes our program unique:
- Continuity of Care Clinic that begins during your intern year
- A block schedule that gives you increasing outpatient and elective opportunities as you progress through your training
- Academic Half Day: Weekly teaching in a 3-hour block every Friday that utilizes both traditional lecture-formats as well as active learning approaches including a flipped classroom model
- Dedicated Clinic Rotation at the end of your intern year to ease the transition to full-time Neurology resident including lectures on practical Neurology topics and training in approaches to teaching
- Clinical Neurophysiology Bootcamp in September of your PGY2 year which provides a structured curriculum and daily flipped classroom sessions to prepare you for performing and interpreting these diagnostic modalities which are unique to Neurology
- Mentorship in scholarly research projects, patient safety and quality improvement projects, and career planning that is tailored to your individual goals both short term and long term
- State-of-the-art facilities for delivering care to a diverse patient population
- A faculty that is invested in and excited about your learning
- A program that aims to evolve and grow through listening to its residents; this is your residency program