Applying to MCW's Orthopaedic Surgery Residency Program
This residency program is an ACGME accredited five-year residency program which includes the Post-Graduate Year I (PGY-I Internship Year). There are five positions available each year at the PGY-I level. The PGY-I year is planned in accordance with the ACGME program requirements and provides an experience that will prepare the candidate for the PGY-II through PGY-V years of intense orthopaedic training in multiple hospital affiliates of the Medical College of Wisconsin.
Candidates who already have completed their PGY-I training in an accredited program other than orthopaedic surgery will only be considered for our PGY-I year.
The materials required for a complete application via ERAS are:
- Common Application Form
- Medical School Transcripts
- Medical School Dean's Letter
- Personal Statement
- Three Standardized Letter of Recommendation Forms (SLOR) with at least one from an orthopaedic surgeon. We will accept a 4th SLOR Form but it is not required
- USMLE Step 1 Transcript Required
- USMLE Step 2CK and 2SC Highly Encouraged
- Photo (used only for identification for interview)
Please do not email or mail additional documents directly to the program. All documents must be uploaded into ERAS.
*Please note* All communications during the application and interview process between the applicant and the Program Director or Coordinator must be made via e-mail only. Therefore, you must have a valid e-mail address listed in your ERAS application.
For questions regarding Residency, please contact:
Christen M. Coffey
Education Program Coordinator III
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
8701 Watertown Plank Rd.
Milwaukee, WI 53226