Moving or Decommissioning Laboratories
Please provide the following information:
- Name, lab location, date of move/departure;
- Identify which items / equipment are to be moved / disposed;
- Package all radioactive waste for proper disposal;
- Perform a final contamination survey of all areas in lab (hot and cold zones); submit to Radiation Safety;
- Schedule with Radiation Safety for inspection and removal of signs and tags.
- Radioactive materials transported on-campus should be packaged with secondary containment in the event of a spill.
- If any radioactive material is to be moved off-campus, contact Radiation Safety for shipping requirements.
Contact MCW Environmental Health and Safety at least 2 weeks before moving. Please provide the following information: Name, lab location, move destination (if applicable), date of move/departure.
MCW Environmental Health and Safety Office telephone number: (414) 955-8274