Neuroradiology Brain Mapping Advanced Fellowship Program
This one-year advanced fellowship offers the opportunity to become fully trained in functional brain mapping. The fellow will be trained to run a high volume clinical presurgical brain mapping service, become proficient in hardware and software acquisition and processing, participate in pre and post surgery neuropsychological evaluations, and observe neurosurgical application of mapping data with awake surgeries. The fellow becomes fully versed in advanced functional and biological neuroimaging techniques including functional MRI, diffusion tensor imaging (also diffusion parameters), tractography, MR spectroscopy, perfusion imaging, and PET.
Dedicated curriculum consists of 20 advanced functional neuroradiology lectures by authorities in the field as well as 20 case-based brain mapping conferences, the latter of which the fellow helps coordinate. Additional conferences include brain tumor board, epilepsy conference, and brain cutting with neuropathology. Research opportunities are available.
Andrew P. Klein, MD
Program Director, Neuroradiology Brain Mapping Fellowship
Eligibility & Application
- Successful completion of a one-year neuroradiology fellowship program.
- Candidates must be eligible to obtain licensure to practice medicine in the State of Wisconsin. A valid license to practice medicine in the State of Wisconsin must be obtained prior to the start the fellowship year..
- American Board of Radiology (ABR) eligible.
- Application (PDF)
- Copies of USMLE Step 1 & Step 2, CSA, & Step 3
- Personal statement
- Three (3) original letters of reference from radiologists with whom you have worked and/or trained
- Dean's letter
Email or mail Application Documents to:
Carolyn Campeaux, Education Program Coordinator III
Department of Radiology
Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin
9200 W. Wisconsin Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53226
email@example.com | (414) 805-0287