Stay up to date on the latest news and stories from the Office of Educational Improvement.
Exciting New Model for Interprofessional Education
- Students assigned to Core Track A will partner with students from Concordia University.
- Students assigned to Core Track B will partner with students from Marquette University.
- Students assigned to Core Track C will partner with students from Milwaukee School of Engineering, Columbia College of Nursing, and Gateway Technical College.
In this progressive cohort model, students will have the opportunity to learn together over time, truly exploring value in the unique perspective each profession brings from the beginning of their educational experience. A key goal of this curricular model is to provide a strategic and quality foundation to collaborative practice, thus preparing students from all around Milwaukee to come together to function effectively on clinical teams in their future practice.
Faculty members play a crucial role in this education and there are multiple opportunities to get involved this fall! We are seeking faculty to fill the role of team facilitator to an interprofessional team of students at three events this fall. Opportunities include:
- September 10, 1-3pm: faculty facilitator for Core Track C in the Discovery Classroom at MCW
- September 11, 3-5pm: faculty facilitator for Core Track A at Concordia University
- November 13, 8:00-11:45am: faculty facilitator for Core Track B at Marquette University
If you are interested in more information or signing up to be a facilitator at any of these events, please contact Jordan Cannon, IPE Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Faculty will be well prepared for these experiences through distribution of a facilitator’s guide, as well as training prior to the event.
Thank you for your support of this exciting new educational opportunity for MCW students!