Corrective Action Plan
Routine Review results may require implementation of a corrective action plan.
About Corrective Action Plans
Routine Review results may include findings that require the principal investigator and research team to identify and implement a corrective action to ensure the research project is conducted in accordance with the IRB approved protocol. A Corrective Action Plan (CAP) template is available for the research team use.
Instructions for Use
- Complete the Corrective Action Plan template with the following information:
- PRO number
- Category and finding as listed in the Routine Review Final Summary
- Description of the corrective action(s) that have been or will be implemented and implementation date of the action(s),
- Indicate whether the finding requires immediate action/filing of a Reportable Event with the IRB.
- Include the name of the person completing the CAP and date.
- Save the completed document as "CAP for PRO" and include the PRO number. Retain the document in accordance with the process outlined by your department/division.
- Submit the completed CAP to the QA/I staff using the activity button found in the PRO workspace.