Nonprofit Funding Opportunities
Browse current RFAs from foundations, philanthropic organizations, and other nonprofit agencies.
Follow the Office of Research on Twitter for timely funding opportunity updates
Special Application Processes
F2: Foundation Funding for Prestigious Limited Opportunities
The Office of Research promotes select opportunities from prestigious organizations that seek out exceptional researchers. These opportunities are directly shared via email with the "F2" designation. These opportunities are "limited," meaning the foundation has set a limit on the number of applicants from MCW, usually one or two. In these cases, the F2 announcement will include specific instructions for internal application. Candidate applications will go through a selection process overseen by members of the Society for Research Excellence.
- Gordon & Betty Moore Foundation - Moore Inventor Fellows Program
- American Diabetes Association - Pathway to Stop Diabetes Program
- Brain Research Foundation - Scientific Innovations Award
- Pew Biomedical Scholars
- Falk Research Trust - Catalyst & Transformational Awards
- Searle Scholars Program in Biomedical Sciences
- Greater Milwaukee Foundation - Medical Research Grants
For inquires regarding F2, please contact the Office of Research.
Philanthropic Cancer Research Funding Opportunities
The Cancer Center will lead the effort to distribute announcements for the cancer-related funding opportunities listed below. Limited opportunities are noted with an asterisk. Cancer Center administration will coordinate limited submission efforts and selections will be made with input from Cancer Center members and leaders.
- Alex's Lemonade Stand
- American Brain Tumor Association
- Damon Runyon Cancer Research Foundation*
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Leukemia Research Foundation
- Lung Cancer Research Foundation
- LUNGevity Foundation*
- Lymphoma Research Foundation
- Mary Kay Foundation*
- Melanoma Research Alliance Foundation
- Ovarian Cancer Research Fund Alliance
- Pablove Foundation
- St. Baldrick's Foundation*
- V Foundation for Cancer Research*
For inquiries regarding cancer-related funding opportunities, please contact Cancer Center administration.
Other Limited Funding Opportunities
For any philanthropic/nonprofit opportunities not listed above that are limited to one or more institutional candidates, preference will generally be given on a first-come, first-served basis. If you are interested in a limited opportunity that is not referenced here, please contact the Grants & Contracts Office Nonprofit Grant Analyst to inquire on application status.