Please visit this MCWAH Housing page for several resources to assist you with your move to the Greater Milwaukee area. If your residency is outside the Milwaukee area, please contact your program coordinator for local assistance.
- Homes for Sale by MCWAH Housestaff- please see blue box on the right side of this page.
- The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Newspaper. Please see their website for information on employment opportunities for spouses, real estate, weather, dining, entertainment and news around Wisconsin. For your assistance The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel has a Homes link.
- Some landlords do not advertise and simply post a "FOR RENT" sign. Driving around the area you wish to live in, may also help.
The most frequently asked question by new residents is "What areas do most residents live?"
An analysis of all residents shows that the majority live in the following areas: Wauwatosa, Brookfield, West Allis, Greenfield, Shorewood; in Milwaukee, on the "East Side" (from Wisconsin Avenue north to the Shorewood border and from the lakefront west to the Milwaukee River), west of 50th Street, and in the neighborhoods near the major hospitals.
Some landlords ask potential tenants to complete an application. Have the following information available:
- Employment Verification/Address/Phone Number
- Address/Phone Number of Present Landlord
- Bank References, Credit References and Personal References