This page offers several resources to assist you with your move to the Greater Milwaukee area. If your residency is outside the Milwaukee area, please contact your program coordinator for local assistance.
Here are just a few of the many resources that may be helpful to you:
- Homes for Sale by MCWAH Housestaff- please see gray box on the right side of this page.
- The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel has a Homes link.
- Discover Milwaukee includes a Milwaukee Living page and a Relocation Specialists page which includes Temporary housing to Condos available.
- Realtors in Milwaukee area:
Please note: This is for your reference only, we do not promote a specific realtor.
- Some landlords do not advertise and simply post a "FOR RENT" sign. Driving around the area you wish to live in, may also help.
A frequently asked question by new residents is "In what areas do most residents live?" Prior analysis of residents show that the majority live in the following areas: Wauwatosa, Brookfield, West Allis, Greenfield, Shorewood; in Milwaukee, on the "East Side" (from Wisconsin Avenue north to the Shorewood border and from the lakefront west to the Milwaukee River), west of 50th Street, and in the neighborhoods near the major hospitals.
Some landlords ask potential tenants to complete an application, so it might be good to have the following information available:
- Employment Verification/Address/Phone Number
- Address/Phone Number of Present Landlord
- Bank References, Credit References and Personal References