Underrepresented in Medicine
We would like to welcome residents, fellows and their families to MCWAH. The Underrepresented in Medicine (URiM) Committee is committed to promoting diversity at MCWAH and is here as a resource for residents and fellows. Through networking opportunities, community involvement and social activities, we are here to support your career development. The URiM Committee meets the third Monday of every month at 4 p.m. via Zoom. Any residents or fellows are welcome to attend.
See our URM Newsletter (PDF)
Some of our activities include:
- High School Mentorship program in conjunction with Cream City Medical Society
- Networking events with community physicians
- Social Gatherings
- Second Look for prospective incoming URM housestaff
For information on the MCWAH URiM Committee, please contact either Dr. Mariel Molina Nunez (email@example.com) or Dr. Leroy Seymour (firstname.lastname@example.org), 2022-2023 Co-Chairs.
What is URM?
The URM Housestaff Committee is comprised of residents, fellows, trainees and others interested in promoting diversity and the Medical College of Wisconsin and Affiliated Hospitals. The Committee assists in recruitment of underrepresented minorities to MCWAH residency programs, provides socializing and networking opportunities among peers, and enhances career development. It also encourages involvement in the larger community.
MCW Diversity Links of Interest
- Office of Diversity and Inclusion - the MCW Office of Diversity and Inclusion (ODI) partners internally and externally to engage and integrate diversity and inclusion into the MCW fabric of who we are, what we do, and how we work.
- MCW Student Inclusion - MCW is committed to the recruitment, admission and graduation of talented students from diverse backgrounds. The Office of Student Affairs/Diversity provides support services to enhance students' academic learning. Among the services provided are academic counseling, test taking strategies, and other services to help students manage all aspects of their student life.
- Student Affairs
- MCW Kaleidoscope Events For MCWAH employed housestaff only.
- The Holiday Folk Fair International is an awesome event to explore other cultures.
- Office of Communications - MCW's Office of Communications creates and enhances understanding, appreciation, recognition and support for the Medical College and its programs by communicating through the news media, corporate publications, its website and special programs. Contact Office of Communications.
Professional Websites Meetings
- National Medical Association (NMA) Conventions
- National Hispanic Medical Association
- Monthly Meetings Cream City Medical Society - Milwaukee (Monthly Business Meeting are every 4th Thursday of the month). Email them at email@example.com.
- National Medical Association, Region IV
- Student National Medical Association