MCWAH Housing/Rental Information
This page offers several resources to assist you with your move to the Greater Milwaukee area. If your residency is outside the Milwaukee area, please contact your program coordinator for local assistance.
Here are just a few of the many resources that may be helpful to you:
- The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel has a real estate link.
- Discover Milwaukee includes a Milwaukee Living page and a Relocation Specialists page which includes Temporary housing to Condos available.
- Realtors in Milwaukee area:
- Some landlords do not advertise and simply post a "FOR RENT" sign. Driving around the area you wish to live in, may also help.
- Please note: This information is for your reference only, MCWAH does not promote a specific realtor nor website.
A frequently asked question by new residents is "In what areas do most residents live?" Prior analysis of residents show that the majority live in the following areas: Wauwatosa, Brookfield, West Allis, Greenfield, Shorewood; in Milwaukee, on the "East Side" (from Wisconsin Avenue north to the Shorewood border and from the lakefront west to the Milwaukee River), west of 50th St., and in the neighborhoods near the major hospitals.
Some landlords ask potential tenants to complete an application, so it might be good to have the following information available:
- Employment Verification/Address/Phone Number
- Address/Phone Number of Present Landlord
- Bank References, Credit References and Personal References
Homes for Sale by Housestaff
No current listings.