For Health Care Providers
Key Test Specifications
Unsure what your project needs?
Looking for a custom solution?
Schedule a complimentary Project Consultation below.
microRNA and miRNA Sequencing
Sample preparation will enrich for small RNA
If total RNA is provided, input total RNA quality control with fragment analysis and quantification, library preparation (Captures small RNA with 3′ OH and 5′P modifications), Illumina sequencing. Recommended sequencing at 10 million reads per sample.
Total RNA, 1-1.5ug (at a concentration of at least 200ng/uL in nuclease free water); small RNA, 10-50ng (at a concentration of at least 2ng/uL in nuclease free water), quality and quantity of RNA will be verified in house prior to initiation of library preparation
Specimen Type and Requirements
Cells or fresh frozen tissue ** available with consultation; RNA extraction methods may be available for your cell or tissue type
Completed library prep
Sample numbers, adaptor sequence
Dry ice (-80C), overnight
If RNA or completed library prep is provided, 4-6 weeks; RNA extraction and optimization may require additional 1-2 weeks
Solid Tumor Requisition (PDF)
Children’s Oncology Group Requisition (PDF)
If you are having difficulty downloading or viewing PDF files, below are a few options to assist you.
Verify that you have a current version of Adobe Acrobat Reader
- To determine the version of Adobe Acrobat, open Adobe from your desktop or start menu, click on help, and then About Acrobat Reader.
- If you have a version of Acrobat Reader less than 7.0, we recommend you download a FREE update to your reader.
- Download the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader free from the Adobe Reader download page on Adobe's website.
Save PDF to your PC
You may save the file to your local computer. To save the file to your local PC, this can normally be accomplished as follows:
- Right click on the title link.
- Select "Save Target As" (Internet Explorer) or "Save Link As" (Firefox/Mozilla /Netscape) when presented with a menu (if your mouse is configured for left handed operation use the left mouse button).
- Use Adobe Acrobat Reader to open the file directly after downloading.
Medical College of Wisconsin
8701 Watertown Plank Rd.
Milwaukee, WI 53226
(414) 955-6516 (fax)