Alternating each year nominees should be current MCW students, residents, staff members or faculty and community members who demonstrate an outstanding commitment to MCW.
Applications will be reviewed based on the following criteria:
- Demonstration of emerging or sustained commitment to the values of diversity, inclusion, and multiculturalism by documented efforts that are above and beyond the routine expectations of a job or project.
- Evidence of exceptional efforts to promote an environment that is free from bias and discrimination.
- Substantiation of the contribution that the individual has made towards advancing diversity and inclusion.
Success in leading and enhancing diversity and inclusion efforts can be demonstrated in many ways. Nominations should be based on demonstrated leadership in one or more of the following areas:
- Activities to recruit, retain, and professionally develop individuals who increase the diversity of MCW faculty or staff.
- Activities to attract or recruit students who increase the diversity of MCW or to help ensure the success of those students.
- Activities to create leadership teams and organizations that promote a diverse and inclusive culture.
- Sponsorship or active promotion of programs, initiatives, or projects in the area of diversity and inclusion.
- Collaboration with campus or community groups in the creation, sponsorship, and implementation of programs, initiatives, or projects in the area of diversity and inclusion.
The Diversity Awards Selection Committee will choose a maximum of two award recipients per year. Their names will be added to an awards plaque.
- Charlie Ann Rykwalder, MBA, Associate Department Administrator, Department of Pediatrics
- Toni Gray, Program Manager, American Society of Gene & Cell Therapy
- Alverno Devine, DDiv, Talent Planning and Development Consultant, Department of Human Resources
- British Fields, MLS, M3 Student
- Bill Wong, M4 student
- Reggie Moore, Injury and Violence Prevention Director, City of Milwaukee
- Anne R. Quimby Mathias (posthumous), Director of Communications and Community Engagement, MCW Cancer Center
- Terri deRoon-Cassini, PhD, MS, Associate Professor, Department of Surgery, Division of Trauma and Critical Care
- Kristina Kaljo, PhD, Assistant Professor, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Research and Advanced Education
- David J. Milia, MD, Associate Professor, Department of Surgery, Division of Trauma and Critical Care
- Melinda Stolley, PhD, Center Associate Director, Professor, Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology and Oncology
- Linda Howard, MD Candidate, Class of 2020, Milwaukee Campus
- Crystal Jushka, Undergraduate Outreach Coordinator, Office of Student Affairs and Diversity
- Adrienne German, High School Outreach Coordinator, Office of Student Affairs and Diversity
- Andrew Petroll, MD, Associate Professor, Medicine and Psychiatry
- B. Ulysses Li, MD, Professor, Pediatric Gastroenterology
- Geneva Johnson, Former MCW Cancer Center Advisory Board Co- Chair, Former Froedtert Hospital Trustee
- Sebastian Ssempijja, PhD, CEO and Clinic Director, Sebastian Family Psychology Practice, LLC
- Jean Mallet, MBA, Program Manager, Office of Student Affairs and Diversity
- Brittany Mays, M4 student
- Staci Young, PhD, Associate Professor, Family Medicine
- Militza Bonet-Vazquez, Health Research Coordinator, United Community Center (UCC)
- Al Castro, Program Director, United Community Center
- Ashley Hines, MCW, Program Coordinator, Office of Global Health
- Justin La, Shanta Shepherd and Roseanna Raphael, MD Alumni c/o 2016
- J. Frank Wilson, MD, Chair & the Bernard & Miriam Peck Family Professor of Radiation Oncology
- Paula Penebaker, President and CEO, YWCA
- Martha Barry, Racial Justice Director, YWCA
- Regina Cole, Clinical Research Coordinator, Herma Heart Institute, Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin
- Kweku Grant-Acquah, Resident
- Earnestine Willis, MD, MPH, Kellner Professor of Pediatrics; Director, Center for the Advancement of Underserved Children; and Director, Health Equity and Urban Clinical Care Partnerships
- Mikel Holt, Milwaukee Community Journal