One of the ways the AOIP has been able to grow to its current state is by having the ability to respond to scientific opportunities and to quickly overcome technical or logistical challenges. Funds donated to the AOIP are used in this regard to accelerate the pace of research and further invest in the overall infrastructure of the program.
- Purchase new equipment or invest in supplies needed to build equipment, update existing equipment, or perform lab functions
- Provide seed money for a scientist to investigate a new project
- Fund a medical student’s summer research project
- Provide funds to bring in outside imaging experts to give talks, consult on projects, or initiate collaborations
- Give a student the opportunity to present a research project at a national meeting
- Provide resources to help recruit and maintain staff who are instrumental to keeping the program running (i.e. biomedical photographer, engineering staff, ocular imaging fellow)
- The Eye Institute accepts cash gifts (cash, check, or credit card) that may be paid directly or pledged over 5 years. Checks should be made to the Advanced Ocular Imaging Program and addressed to the Office of Development, 8701 Watertown Plank Rd., Milwaukee, WI 53226.
- Credit card gifts may be made through our secure online donation site.
- Securities (e.g. stocks and bonds)
- Estate bequests and planned gifts (e.g. charitable remainder and lead trusts, life insurance, charitable or deferred gift annuities, pooled income funds, retirement plans, IRAs)
Gifts of real estate or personal property
- Please contact Mike Kielczewski at (414) 955-5905 or email@example.com if you are interested in supporting our program at any level or have any questions about making a gift.