This one-year, ACGME-accredited fellowship provides broad-based training in the laboratory approach to diagnosis of hematologic disorders, as well as education in the structure and function of the routine hematology laboratory. A multimodal approach is stressed, with the incorporation of information from multiple sources, including clinical, hematologic, cytogenic, flow cytometric, and molecular data.
Although all work proceeds under the supervision of an attending pathologist, development of increasing degrees of independence and responsibility commensurate with the fellow’s ability and level of training is encouraged. The ultimate goal is to allow the fellow to function as an effective laboratory consultant to clinical colleagues, both in the interpretation of pathologic material, as well as by providing input into the proper utilization and interpretation of laboratory tests for the patient work-up.
An academic approach to Hematopathology is fostered through participation in research projects, conferences, journal club and teaching activities. This methodology prepares fellows for careers in either academic or community practice.
- Completion of an ACGME-accredited Anatomic and Clinical Pathology residency
- Board eligible or certified in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology
- Must have or be eligible to apply for a Wisconsin Medical License
Currently recruiting for academic year 2021-2022 and 2022-2023.
- Complete the application form
- Curriculum Vitae
- “Personal Statement” highlighting your future plans and any specific interests within Pathology you might wish to pursue during your fellowship
- Minimum three letters of recommendation
- USMLE Results (Steps 1, 2, 3) documentation
- Citizenship/visa status indicating your ability to work in the United States
- ECFMG Certificate (if International Medical Graduate)
- Copy of your current state medical license
- Must be eligible for Wisconsin medical license
Education Program Coordinator, Pathology Residency, Fellowships and M3/M4 Electives
Medical College of Wisconsin
Froedtert/Medical College Lab Building
9200 W. Wisconsin Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53226-3522