Federal Funding Data
The Office of Research prepares and shares data regarding MCW federal funding.
MCW is the 2nd largest research institution in Wisconsin. $253 million was invested in research, teaching, training and related purposes in FY18 (7/1/17 - 6/30/18). For more information, browse MCW FACTS.
- MCW Award Summaries Federal FY19* (XLS)
- MCW Total Awards for Research by Department FY19* (PDF)
- NIH Awards by Location & Organization
- NIH RePORTER
- Blue Ridge Institute of Medical Research
Important Notes Regarding the Data
- The NIH fiscal year spans October 1 to September 30.
- The NIH does not classify Mayo Clinic as a School of Medicine, and therefore is not included among SOM rankings for MCW reporting purposes. Other sources, such as the Blue Ridge Institute of Medical Research, may not include the same population of schools as the NIH.
- NIH dollar amounts indicate total expenditures for the indicated fiscal year and are the sum of both Direct and Facilities & Administrative (F&A) costs.
*Reports prepared by the Office of Research