Medical Doctor/Master of Public Health Dual Degree
At the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW), the core of everything we do is academic medicine, which brings together scientists, physicians, students and community members to solve challenges in health and society. If you’re an MCW-Milwaukee medical student with an interest in advancing the health of the public, the MD/MPH dual degree program was created just for you.
Integrate your medical career with public health activities to address social determinants of health.
Our MD/MPH dual degree program, available at the MCW-Milwaukee campus, advances the MCW mission in educational innovation and transformation in community engagement, providing you as a medical student with a much greater understanding of health issues and better tools in preventing human disease.
Apply to MCW Medical School
Apply to the MPH Program
Prospective students must apply to both the MCW Medical and Graduate Schools. Students must apply first to the Medical School, be accepted and matriculate at the MCW-Milwaukee campus. Application to the Graduate School occurs in the spring of the M1 year. Enrollment is contingent upon:
- achieving a grade of Pass, Satisfactory, or better in all courses during their M1 year
- completing all courses without withdrawing from any courses
- approval from the Academic Standing and Professional Committee
- earning satisfactory pathway grades and satisfying all pathway deadlines in a timely manner
The MPH application will include:
- online application
- official transcripts
- minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 overall
- three letters of recommendation, including one from pathway advisor
- personal statement
- M1 course grades will also be used in the MPH acceptance decision
The online MPH program offers a concentration in public health practice. The plan of study includes the following courses for a total of 42 credits. All courses, except the Field Placement and Capstone, utilize Brightspace, the school’s online learning management system.
- Five core courses: Behavioral Science and Public Health, Introduction to Biostatistics, Environmental Health, Principles of Epidemiology, and Public Health Administration
- Other required courses: Community Health Assessment and Improvement, Community Health Program Evaluation, Community Health Program Planning
- Four electives
- Field Placement
- Capstone Project
Master of Public Health
Medical College of Wisconsin
8701 Watertown Plank Rd.
Milwaukee, WI 53226